Thursday, 3 March 2011

My creative space - Spinning a yarn...

I have been spinning some yarn to put into some teeny teddy kits. I'm using Shetland combed tops from Jamieson and Smith. The wool is lovely to spin with a fantastic texture.


But the best thing about it is the colours and the names. Each natural shade has its own special Shetland name - which sounds exotic and arcane to a southerner like me. This one is called Whiss - and the more I spin it the more I love it, it's gorgeous. Words like coffee, latte, beige - they're all completely inadequate. Whiss it is.

Check out more creative spaces on Kirsty's blog

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed you spin your own yarn!! I imagine it's a wonderfully meditative thing to do.
    I love the colour of it too

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is extremely addictive, very compelling! I find it quite difficult to stop, and wander about with the spindle.... I'd recommend it to everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete