Monday, 7 March 2011

Spring is on its way...

Today is Rosentmontag, my German husband assures me. This means little to me  - I don't remember anything about Rose Monday in my English upbringing - but I do know that tomorrow is Shrove Tuesday, and that loomed large in my childhood. Pancakes!!!!!


Last week saw Fat Thursday, which I also didn't know about (but I do know now, thanks to this Etsy in Poland blog post!) Anyway, all this deep fried liturgical stuff means that we're all beginning to think hard about fluffy animals, and chocolate :-)


I'm planning to call a stop on the latter for lent, but I haven't been able to resist the former, and here are the first couple who have hopped off my needles :-)



Here are some more blog posts about this time of year

cute designs

Vilt a la Kim

Comment with your links about pancakes, carnival, and cute animals!


2 comments:

  1. The rosenmontag is a famous and well known event here in the Netherlands too :) Carnaval is celabrated only in the southern parts of the Netherlands as it is a catholic something.. the rest of the Netherlands is reformed or protestant (?) . Shroves tuesday is something I haven't heard before, so thanks for mentioning it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I made a spelling mistake in the title!!!! It has been rectified. Hope no one noticed....

    ReplyDelete