Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Needlefelted chicks

Inspired by Vilt a la Kim a few weeks ago, my little Pia and I decided to try felting some Easter eggs, using Shetland wool, water and soap. Pia made some brilliant eggs but mine didn't turn out so well, so I decided to embellish them with a spot of needlefelting. And this is what came out :-)


You can see Pia's lovely tiny little eggs to the right of the chicks.




This might be the last batch of Easter animals I make (no promises though...) I think this spring and summer may require lots of lace and crocheted garments, and I've got lots of ideas to work on....

2 comments:

  1. Just browsing and came across your adorable chicks and Pia's colorful eggs....love them!
    Ali ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were cute - we had fun making them :-) I'm most definitely not brave enough to let a four year old loose with a barbed needle though - even though I've heard of other people doing it. Mainly, I confess, because I'm scared the needle will get broken...!!

    ReplyDelete