Saturday, 25 June 2011

Gebreide Jasbeschermer

My omafiets with its newly knitted jasbeschermer


I have been planning making one of these for a while. I'm not very sure what they're called in English - skirt guard, dress guard? But I have seen them round and about in Holland, usually crocheted in lovely bright colours, and there are a couple of people who make them on Etsy. My favourites are from this shop, Just Do in Alkmaar.


My version is smaller because I didn't have enough red yarn! And I knitted it with a flower pattern which you can just about see in the photo. I'm planning to make another one for my everyday bike, and that will probably involve lots of lovely bright colours. Not sure whether I'll crochet it or knit it yet....

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! Way better than the black plastic one my mum used to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this ! Wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those a beautiful- I have never seen one before

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cool! never seen this before, but what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are brilliant aren't they! I'm quite excited by the world of possibility they open up :-)

    ReplyDelete